Friday, February 06, 2009

Yes We Did!


I don't want to wade to deeply into political waters, but I think I at least owe a post or two to our new President.  Mary and I have both followed Obama for a little while, I read both of his books in the summer of 2006, and tracked him pretty closely ever since.  I predicted his victory more than two years before it happened, though not publicly, so where's the proof right?  Anyway, I was extremely gratified to see him win on election night.  I was so hopeful that as a country we could show the world that we are better than the last eight years have shown, and we did.  After Obama gave his speech that night, my comment was "Way to go America, way to get your head out of your collective ass"  Which spawned this logo:

Anyway, I won't write more, I'll include specifics in future posts.  Thanks for reading...if anyone did!

1 comment:

One and Doll said...

I just read all three posts- and though I wouldn't wish it on her- I'm glad Annie's sicknss is leading to some good stuff! Post away, I love your perspectives on pretty much everything. . . post away!!!!